Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday dearest Roxie!

My little girl turns 3 today.  I am a bit sad to see it all go by so quickly... it seems like just yesterday I giving birth to her, rocking her to sleep, sleeping next to her at night, wearing her in a sling, changing her diaper.  Now she seems like such a big girl!  I could have sworn, if you'd have asked me 2 1/2 yrs ago or so that I'd be sneaking into her dorm room at night to rock her to sleep since that would be the only way she'd fall asleep.  But, inevitably, they grow up and don't need you quite as much as they used to.

Roxie is definitely my fiery girl.  She has real spirit.  Real personality.  And I wouldn't change anything about her.  She loves her baby brother fiercy.  She loves puzzles more than any child her age that I've ever seen.  She can read books to herself for hours.  She can get lost in her intricate make believe games for long periods of time.  She loves to dance... lately her favorite is doing the robot dance with her daddy.  She is a daddy's girl.  Don't get me wrong, she loves her mama, but there is a special place in her heart for her dearest daddy.  Her drawings are adorable- she loves to draw pictures of people.  She loves to tell me how much she loves me.  She hasn't stopped saying "he came out of your tummy!" since Jasper was born 7 months ago.  She is obsessed with learning things like sign language and reading and writing- with no poking or prodding from me- she just loves it!  "Why?" is her favorite thing to ask and her daddy explains to her in scientific detail.... when she asks me (a quiz, I'm sure) and I can't tell her the exact right answer she says "No, this is why" and tell me the scientific reasoning behind something like rainfall.  She eats slowly- mostly because her food turns into magical make believe stories.  Currently, her blueberries are talking to each other and walking around her plate together and singing a song that Roxie made up.

There is so much I could say about this special little girl that took hold of my heart and changed it forever 3 years ago.  It seems like just yesterday that she was born, yet at the same time I can't remember my life before her because her life as intertwined mine so tightly.  I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be her mother.
first day in the world
 

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of the two of you. Beautiful. Happy birthday, Roxie!

    ReplyDelete